It's time to get back to my real life... I hope I can do it...
The day the 'For Sale' sign went up at mom's house I sat down and had a good cry. Then, went to my MP3 player to listen to that sad song by Marinda Lambert; "The House That Built Me." (yeah..another dose of sadness to be sure I was crying for a good reason!!)
The same day we held a garage sale to dispose of all my parent's worldly belongings. Again, sadness and tears.
Now its time for me to pack up the memories I will take home, clean the house, load the Uhaul and put the key in the lock on this season for the last time. This is still a couple weeks out..but I have to get my mind ready to do it. ( Blogging about this plight is supposed to be therapeutic too, right?)
I'm going to pull myself up by my bootstraps (or maybe it is my shoelaces) and get a grip. I can do this. I'm a big girl (I think?). I didn't expect this to be so hard. The truth is, the processes of the past 7 weeks have all be hard. I just kept going through it, trying not to feel or think...just stay busy..keep working...I kept telling myself. Now I have to get real and face this. Right now, I'm torn between two lives and the memories of home that are forever changed.
If you follow my blog, I know you are aware of the personal things I have been dealing with this year. Hopefully you won't think I am too lame posting this. I'm just a little blue today and needed a friend to share with.
Hopefully all of you are all well and enjoying April days. Will you be attending the event in Collinsville this year? What are you scrap plans for summer? I have tons. My mom left me with many journals and unfinished albums. My goal the next few days, before I head for home, is to get their life history organized to put into a book for our family.
Hope to see all my scrap friends soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment